I am on a mission to train 1 million trauma informed leaders in the United States by 2031.
As a seasoned or emerging leader, it is your responsibility to invest in yourself and your team. By visiting my website, you have taken the first step in recognizing how trauma impacts the way we interact with others, how we lead our teams, and why we need to do our own mental health work necessary for healing ourselves, the workforce, and the entire organization.
YOU are truly 1 in a million.
Here are some recommendations for how you can begin mitigating trauma and supporting the mental health of your current and future workforce:
1. Make trauma informed organizations and mental health a part of your company's DNA,
2. Assess company culture and employee’s sense of well-being .
3. Create policies and an environment that address the root-causes of employee mental health challenges, including both home and workplace stressors,
4. Become a trauma-informed organization by offering Mental Health First Aid and trauma-informed leadership training for all staff, volunteers, members of the board and vendors responsible for advancing the organization’s mission.
5. Provide access to comprehensive affordable mental health care for all employees and their families including dependent children,
6. Create an emotionally safe and anti-stigma workplace culture that affirms the importance of mental health and wellbeing of all employees and their families
Creating 1 Million Trauma-Informed Leaders by 2031
What Leaders Are Saying
I would definitely suggest this to any and everyone. This was a great course that I think all leaders and or employers should have to become a part of these days ... I will be visiting Ms. Dawns website to find more training on this and I have intentions of somehow asking her what I can do to get the word out and try and help her reach that goal of hers by 2031.
Kerry D., MD
Crucial topic to address in our current workplace climate. It is refreshing to see that training in trauma-informed leadership is becoming more accessible.
Stacey S., PSPO, CSM, PSM
Just finished the course “Become a Trauma Informed Leader.” Dawn Emerick's material is remarkably current and relevant, touching upon the aftermath of the global pandemic, the great resignation, and the impacts of ongoing national racial and gender inequality/unrest. Highly recommend.
Brittany G. M.Ed
I was so thankful to have taken this course. I came into this course with decent background knowledge of trauma. I felt that the course was a highly valuable learning experience.
Dawn’s course teaches how to develop and apply trauma informed practices to support the mental health & wellbeing of yourself & others.
I highly recommend it!
Client and Partner List
LinkedIn Learning Instructor
2021 TEDx Jacksonville Speaker
Prosci® Certified Change Management Practitioner
Certified Mental Health First Aid Instructor
Dr. Dawn Emerick is a hurt and recovering executive, a trainer, a coach, a TEDx Jacksonville speaker, and LinkedIn Learning trainer.
There is nothing more powerful than learning from and sharing space with people with lived, learned and recovery experiences, stories of self-awareness, and professional application. Dr. Dawn Emerick continues to do the hard work of detangling and acknowledging the connection between her unresolved childhood trauma with her relationships with her children, family, friends, professional peers, members of her team, and bosses. This journey of becoming more trauma aware and informed has fundamentally changed the way she approaches leadership, strategic planning, change management and workforce engagement.
Dawn is motivated as hell to start a new leadership paradigm today, right now. A paradigm that starts with creating 1M Trauma-Informed Leaders in America by 2031.